- Place the lemon in the pint jar and cover with the honey. The honey will macerate the lemons and draw out liquids which taste so delicious!
- Meanwhile, toss the thyme leaves into a saucepan and cover them with the water.
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer and reduce it to half, about a cup of tea.
- When the tea is reduced and cooled a bit, strain the sprigs & leaves, add it into the pint jar and stir it well.
- Give it a shake and use a spoonful as needed.
- Store your homemade cough syrup in the refrigerator for about a month.
- Prep Time: 7