You love your sweets more than your savory foods, but you know it is time to change your sugary ways.
Start with your favorite banana bread recipe. Transform it from your average sweet, delicious dessert to a healthy banana bread recipe.
Meet Halfway Between Healthy and Delicious
It’s not too difficult to change your sweet banana bread into a healthy banana bread recipe just by subbing out a few ingredients.
Swap your all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour.
Cut down on sugar and use natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, and even an extra banana or two.
Use avocado oil, olive oil or coconut oil instead of butter.
Here are 8 healthy banana bread recipes you should know about.
Joyful Healthy Eats Banana Bread Recipe
Joyful Healthy Eats brings you this spiced, healthy banana bread recipe.
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir together.
- 3To a medium bowl, add mashed bananas, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk together until smooth.
- 4Pour the wet mixture over dry ingredients. Stir ingredients using a spatula. Then pour banana bread dough into prepared loaf pan.
- 5Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 6Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
Gimme Delicious Moist Banana Bread
Brought to you by Gimme Delicious, this moist, healthy banana bread recipe yields both delicious and healthy results.
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- 3To a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, milk, and vanilla for 2 minutes. Stir in bananas, the dry mixture, and chocolate chips.
- 4Pour the batter into the pan — sprinkle the loaf with more cinnamon, raw sugar, or banana slices. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
With its healthy ingredients, this banana bread recipe by Inspired Taste won’t make you guilty for wanting a second or third slice.
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease lightly.
- 2Whisk the dry ingredients: flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, mash bananas to a chunky paste. Add olive oil, molasses, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla into the bananas and blend.
- 4Add the dry ingredients in three parts to the wet mixture and stir with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- 5Pour the banana bread dough into the pan and even the top. Bake for 40 to 65 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
This Mindful Mom graces you with a healthy banana bread recipe that ditches the sugar for honey and the white flour for whole wheat flour.
- 1Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter or coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- 3To a large bowl, whisk oil, honey, egg, and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and stir well.
- 4Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 5Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and then finish cooling before slicing.
Well Plated Healthy Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Who would ever suspect that a chocolate chip covered banana bread could be healthy with its Greek yogurt and whole wheat bread.
- 1Lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Mash bananas in a large bowl until mostly smooth. Whisk in egg, yogurt, oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Sprinkle baking soda, cinnamon, and salt over the mixture. Gently sift in flour and stir until completely incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 3Pour the banana bread dough into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. At 35-minute mark, tent the bread if it is browning too quickly. Let it cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
This healthy banana bread recipe features avocado oil, honey, and whole wheat flour and still tastes delicious.
- 1Line a 9 x 5-inch pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork or masher. Add applesauce, eggs, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour and stir gently enough to mix.
- 3Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 4Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Molly Leonard has outdone herself with this coconut oil, Greek yogurt, honey, and whole wheat flour filled healthy banana bread recipe.
- 1Position oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- 2In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until almost smooth. Add the eggs, coconut oil, and Greek yogurt.
- 3Whisk in brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Add baking soda, salt, and baking powder using a rubber spatula to fully incorporate. Stir in the flour and add dark chocolate chips until combined.
- 4Pour batter into a prepared bread pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Check the bread at the 40-minute mark for browning and cover it with foil.
- 5Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes before enjoying.
Yes, you read that correctly. There are really only five ingredients in this flourless, healthy banana bread recipe.
- 1Lightly grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Add all the ingredients together in a blender and mix until smooth and well combined.
- 3Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let loaf cool completely before enjoying.
Try a Guilt-Free Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Go ahead and indulge in one of these 8 banana bread recipes.
Or create your own healthy banana bread recipe. Just swap out some of the not-so-healthy ingredients for the healthy ones.
Featured Image: Unsplash