Silky Smooth Chocolate Pudding Recipe
After trying every variation of homemade chocolate pudding out there, I finally discovered the secret to rich chocolate flavor and silky smooth texture.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips, (I use these bittersweet chips and buy them in bulk, they're so good!)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and cornstarch together in a medium saucepan.
- Separate the yolks in a bowl and whisk them until they're smooth.
- Whisk in 1 cup of the milk into the egg yolks and whisk until the mixture is uniform in color with no bits of brighter yolk.
- Add the egg/milk mixture along with the rest of the milk to the saucepan and whisk it until the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat while gently whisking.
- Once the pudding begins to simmer and thicken, turn the heat down to low and continue to whisk for another 30-60 seconds until you like the look of the thickness.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and butter until they are melted.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the pudding to a bowl or ramekins and cover with plastic wrap to prevent it from skinning over.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until chilled before serving.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2018/04/chocolate-pudding-recipe.html