- 1 large piece of caul fat
- 8 ounces pork liver, ground, chilled
- 8 ounces pork, ground, chilled
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound swiss chard leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- ½ bay leaf, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Mix the liver and ground pork together and keep them chilled while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Saute the onions in a bit of lard until they are caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped swiss chard leaves and stir, cooking until they are wilted and bright green. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the parsley, chopped sage, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to the ground meat.
- Add in the onions and chard mixture and mix well.
- Form into patties.
- Lay out the caul fat.
- Place a whole sage leaf on the caul fat, top with a patty.
- Cut around the caul and wrap up the pate.
- Repeat with the remaining leaves and patties.
- Fry the patties in a cast iron skillet until they are cooked through and golden brown on the outside.