Gluten-Free Panko Bread Crumbs Recipe (aka Pork Dust)
Learn how to make gluten-free panko bread crumbs aka "Pork Dust" at home using pork rinds.
pork skin, with fat layer removed
lard, for frying
- Make sure that you remove as much of the layer of fat from the skin as possible.
- Boil the skins in water for about 2 hours.
- Dehydrate the skins until they are hard and you can snap them.
- In fact, do that. Break them up if the pieces are large.
- Heat a small pan of lard or oil to 400 degrees.
- In small batches, fry the dehydrated skins in the lard until they puff up. It should take just a few seconds.
- Drain on a paper towel or rag.
- Completely cool the pork rinds and then turn them into crumbs with a food processor or blender.
- Use in any recipe where you would use bread crumbs or panko.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2017/10/how-to-make-gluten-free-panko-bread-crumbs.html