Fresh from the Garden Pasta Salad
Fresh from the Garden Pasta Salad made with tomatoes, peppers, radishes, carrots, and a deliciously seasoned dressing is the perfect quick summer salad.
- 1 pound pasta, cooked in salted water
- 1 large heirloom tomato, chopped (or a cup of cherry tomatoes halved)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4-5 radishes, grated
- ⅔ cup olive oil, I find extra virgin olive oil to be too overpowering in this recipe
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, or romano cheese (or even a mix of the two)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup, try homemade ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, or 1 Tablespoon dry
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seed
- 6 teaspoons fresh oregano, or 3 teaspoons dry
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it's fully cooked.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetables as directed in the ingredients. Use more or less vegetables to your taste.
- In a bowl measure out the olive oil, vinegars, herbs and spices. Whisk them together and then whisk in the sugar, ketchup, and parmesan cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the cool pasta and toss to fully coat it.
- Toss in the vegetables.
- Refrigerate until it's completely chilled and you're ready to serve.
- In cooking the pasta, I usually go a little beyond al dente since it will be served cold and I don't want the center to have a crunch.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain off the water and run it under cold water to get it cooled down faster. If you're not done chopping the vegetables and mixing the dressing put the pasta in the refrigerator to cool.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2017/09/garden-pasta-salad-recipe.html