Creamy Cherry Clafoutis
- 3 cups fresh, frozen, or canned cherries, pitted, thawed, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese (You could use homemade cream cheese.)
- ⅔ cup evaporated cane juice (or sugar), Buy cane juice here
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- If you'll be baking the clafoutis in the oven, preheat it to 350 degrees.
- Butter the bottom and 2" up the sides of a large slow cooker, 9 x 13 cake pan, or 15" cast iron skillet.
- Scatter the cherries over the bottom.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cream cheese, eggs, milk, evaporated cane juice, flour, salt, vanilla, and lemon zest until it is smooth and silky.
- Pour it evenly over the cherries.
- Bake the clafoutis in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the center is barely set. If you'd like to give it a bit of color on top, broil it for a minute or so.
- If you're using a slow cooker, cook it on high for 1 ½ to 2 hours until the center is barely set.
- Serve it sprinkled with powdered sugar, warm or cold. It's delicious either way.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2017/07/creamy-cherry-clafoutis.html