Turkey Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 2 spaghetti squash
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups turkey or chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn (I used some I froze from my garden)
- 1 pint black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Lacto-Fermented Jalapeno Peppers, optional, (for garnish)
- cilantro, not optional, (for garnish)
- Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in halves and remove the seeds.
- Sprinkle the cavity with salt.
- Either roast them upside down on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes (until the flesh flakes with a fork) or place them in the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Close the lid & valve and hit: Manual, 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the enchilada sauce by sautéing the garlic and chipotle peppers in the oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, chicken stock, cumin, oregano, chipotle pepper powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Simmer until it has thickened.
- Add the shredded turkey (or chicken) to the sauce along with the corn and black beans.
- Shred the flesh of the spaghetti squash and place them right side up on the baking sheet.
- Divide the filling among each squash half.
- Sprinkle generously with each of the grated cheeses.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is all bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Heavily sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2016/11/turkey-enchilada-stuffed-spaghetti-squash.html