- 2 pounds green beans
- 4 heads dill flower
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cayenne peppers, or 4 pinches red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ cups vinegar
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup salt
- 12 black peppercorns
- 4 large pinches yellow mustard seed
- Snap the stem end off the beans and cut them to the height of a pint-sized mason jar.
- Stuff the jars full of beans.
- Stuff in one head of dill flower, one clove of garlic, and one cayenne pepper into each jar.
- Add 3 peppercorns and a large pinch of mustard seed to each jar. (If you’re using pepper flakes add them now.)
- Meanwhile bring the vinegar, water, and salt to a boil.
- Ladle the hot vinegar salt water into each jar leaving ½” headspace.
- Wipe the rims and top with rings and lids.
- Process the beans in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Allow them to sit in the brine for at least a week before sampling so the flavors have time to blend.