Zesty Pickled Jalapeno Relish Recipe
Yield 12 half pints
- 3 pounds jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound bell peppers
- ¾ pound onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Wearing gloves to protect your hands from burns, deseed & core the jalapeño peppers then finely dice them.
- Deseed & core the sweet peppers & finelydice them as well.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Place all of the vegetables into a stockpot and add the vinegar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt, cumin, yellow mustard, and celery seed.
- Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer the relish for about 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle the relish into clean half-pint jars with ½” headspace. Remove the air bubbles and top a ring & lid.
- Process in a waterbath canner for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2016/08/zesty-pickled-jalapeno-relish-recipe.html