Rhubarb Barbecue Sauce
Rhubarb BBQ Sauce is sweetened by natural sorghum with a chipotle pepper to give it a kick in the pants, there’s no excuse to use store bought sauce again.
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sorghum, (Buy it HERE)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- A chipotle pepper
- A cup of sun dried cherry tomatoes (or ½ cup homemade tomato paste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch cinnamon
- •Toss the rhubarb, onion, and cloves on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- •In a small saucepan, measure out the sorghum, vinegar, pepper, tomatoes, and spices.
- •Add the roasted vegetables and warm it all over low heat until the sorghum is thinner in consistency.
- •Spoon the mixture into a blender and puree it until it is smooth. (A stick blender, likethis one, makes quick work of it with an easy clean up!)
- •Taste adjust your seasonings to your fancy.
- •If the sauce isn’t thick enough, return it to the pan and gently heat it over low heat until it is thicker.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2016/05/sorghum-roasted-rhubarb-bbq-sauce.html