How to Can Potatoes (Plus 10 Other Ways to Preserve Them)
- potatoes, about 20 pounds
- salt, if desired
- Remove the eyes and peel the potatoes.
- Chop them into pieces and place them in a large bowl or sink full of cool water to prevent oxidation. Some places say to add lemon juice, but I found it wasn't necessary.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the potatoes, and parboil them for a couple minutes.
- Drain the water and rinse the potatoes with hot water to remove starch. (Unless that sort of thing doesn't bother you.)
- Spoon the cubes into clean quart-sized mason jars and fill the jars with hot water, leaving 1" headspace.
- If you'd like, add 1 teaspoon of salt to each jar.
- Wipe the rims and then top the jars with clean rings and lids.
- Pressure can according to manufacturer's directions at 10 pounds of pressure for 40 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2016/02/can-potatoes-plus-10-ways-preserve.html