How to Can Dry Beans
- Rinse the beans and soak them overnight in water at a ratio of 1 part beans, 4 parts water.
- In the morning, rinse the beans again and then add them to a stock pot with at least double the water as beans.
- Bring the water to a boil for about 30 minutes until the beans are just soft enough to cut through but not mushy.
- Ladle them into a pint-sized canning jar, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, and then fill the jar with cooking water, leaving 1" headspace.
- Can them at 11 pounds of pressure for 75 minutes. (Be sure to read about safely using a pressure canner first or watch At Home Canning for Beginners and Beyond which I highly recommend.)
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2015/10/how-to-can-dry-beans-and-peas.html