How to Make Echinacea Tincture
- Echinacea Leaves
- Echinacea Flowers
- Echinacea Roots
- 80 proof vodka
- This tincture is made throughout the growing season.
- Beginning in late spring/early summer, before the flowers blossom, place a handful of leaves in a mason jar and cover them completely with 80-proof vodka.
- Set it somewhere you'll remember to give it a shaking every day.
- During the peak of summer when the flowers are in their prime (no browning), gather several and add them to the jar with the leaves.
- Continue shaking daily.
- After your last frost, but before the ground is frozen, dug up the roots of a 3+ year-old plant. Take just a branch or two of the root and rebury the plant.
- Clean the soil from off the roots and chop them into pieces.
- Add the chopped roots to the tincture, adding more vodka if necessary.
- Allow the tincture to sit, shaking daily, for about another month or two.
- Strain the plant parts from the tincture, composting the plants and reserving the tincture to use when you're feeling ill.
How to Take Echinacea Tincture
Adult Dosage: ¼ -½ teaspoon every hour for adults during illness. Discontinue use when you're feeling better.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2015/10/homemade-medicine-made-simple-echinacea-tincture.html