Fermented Jalapeños Rings
- 20 jalapeños, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons whey, or ¼ cup milk and a splash of vinegar
- filtered water
- Slice your jalapeños into rings and pack into a wide-mouth quart sized jar.
- Add the salt and whey.
- (If you don't have whey, it takes only a few seconds to make it: Heat up the milk on stove and just before it begins to simmer, add in a splash of vinegar, and stir it for a few seconds. Strain the liquid whey portion from the solid curds and measure it into your jar of peppers.)
- Cover with filtered water, leaving an inch of headroom at the top.
- Place a narrow-mouth lid over the peppers
- Put the lid on and set aside.
- Let your peppers ferment for a week and then sample.
- Place in the fridge for cold storage, for about 6 months.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2015/09/preserving-jalapenos-with-lacto-fermentation.html