Homemade Mascarpone Cheese
- Heat the cream to 180 degrees. (You can do it slowly over low heat in a saucepan, but be sure not to scald the cream. Or you can use a double boiler, a glass bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water, to bring it up to temperature, but it takes forever.)
- Stir the lemon juice into the hot cream and mix it for a minute or two.
- Set the bowl in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Place a colander in a bowl and line the colander with a double layer of butter muslin
- Ladle the cream into the colander and cover it with the corners of the muslin.
- Return the cream to the refrigerator and allow it to drain 10 hours or overnight.
- Keep the cheese refrigerated in a tightly closed container for no more than a week.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2015/08/homemade-mascarpone-cheese.html