Recipe for Homemade Lotion using Beautiful Violets
- Measure out the violet infused oil and the beeswax into a quart-sized mason jar.
- Fill a saucepan with a few inches of water, put the jar in the water, and bring the water to a boil on the stovetop, melting the wax.
- Once the wax is melted, remove the jar from the heat, and whisk in the clay, vitamin E, and essential oil (if using them.)
- Allow the oil/wax mixture to cool down to room temperature while you measure out the remaining ingredients into a small jar.
- When the mixture is cooled enough, the hardening wax will cause the oil to become cloudy and the edges will start to harden.
- Stir the water and aloe vera juice together.
- Slowly add in a stream of aloe/water while using your stick blender to emulsify the mixture.
- Blend with the stick blender for a couple of minutes until the lotion is creamy and smooth and there aren't any streaks of oil or chunks of beeswax remaining.
- Store, covered, in a cool place. If you won't be using it very quickly, refrigeration will prolong the shelf-life.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2015/05/how-to-make-violet-lotion.html