Homemade Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To cook the sweet potatoes, stab them with a knife and arrange them on a sheet.
- Roast the potatoes until they are easily pierced through with a knife. Bonus points if they are bubbling out dark caramelized sugars from the holes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pie crust.
- Peel the potatoes & mash them with the stick of butter. (I just whip them in the stand mixer. You want the hot potatoes to melt the butter because you don't want little chunks of butter in them. But using melted butter doesn't easily incorporate.)
- Add in the cream & evaporated cane juice(or sweetened condensed milk) and the spices.
- Beat them all together until smooth, then stir in the eggs.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife carefully inserted into the center comes out clean. (Clear wetness is ok, chunks of pie is not.)
- Refrigerate until the pie is fully chilled.
- Stir together the evaporated cane juice with the melted butter over medium heat until it's well blended and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread thinly & evenly over the cool pie.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2015/01/homemade-sweet-potato-pie-recipe-made-with-natural-sweeteners.html