Sweet Lemon Honey & Thyme Cough Syrup Recipe
- a handful of fresh thyme sprigs (or buy organic, dry leaves here)
- 1 pint of water (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup honey (raw is best, but regular will do)
- 1/2 lemon chopped
- Place the lemon in the pint jar and cover with the honey. The honey will macerate the lemons and draw out liquids which taste so delicious!
- Meanwhile, toss the thyme leaves into a saucepan and cover them with the water.
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer and reduce it to half, about a cup of tea.
- When the tea is reduced and cooled a bit, strain the sprigs & leaves, add it into the pint jar and stir it well.
- Give it a shake and use a spoonful as needed.
- Store your homemade cough syrup in the refrigerator for about a month.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2014/11/lemon-honey-thyme-cough-syrup-recipe.html