Apple Peel Jelly
- Apple Peels and Cores from applesauce making
- For every 3 cups of juice:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons calcium liquid
- 3 teaspoons Pomona pectin
- ¾ cup sweetener (I used evaporated cane juice, Buy it here.)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all of your apple scraps into a stockpot (I had to use my largest one). Almost cover the scraps with water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the cores are soft. (Time varies depending on your conditions and how many scraps you have.) Strain the scraps from the liquid, discarding the scraps.
- Return the apple juice to the stockpot along with the apple cider vinegar, calcium liquid, cloves, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the pectin and sweetener together.
- Bring the juice to a full, rapid, and rolling boil. Wait a moment just to be sure you're at a full boil. (I always want to jump the gun.) Add in the sweetener and pectin mix and stir well. Once the jelly returns to a full, rapid, and rolling boil, set the timer for 2 minutes continuing to boil and stir. Remove from the heat, ladle in pint sized mason jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2014/09/spiced-apple-jelly.html