Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
French Dip sandwiches made in the crockpot with only a handful of real food ingredients! Slow cooker meals don't get more simple & delicious than this!
- 3 lbs. roast beef
- 4 cups (1 quart) beef stock
- 2 cups (1 pint) caramelized onions
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- swiss cheese
- Place the roast in a crock pot.
- Add the stock & onions, scattering some onions in the stock and some on top of the beef.
- Sprinkle all over with the salt.
- Cover & cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Split the buns & butter both the insides & outsides.
- Broil both sides on high until crusty. (But not burnt!)
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker (Reserve the juice!) and shred with two forks.
- Top the bun with the shredded beef and a slice of swiss cheese.
- Put the open buns back in the oven and broil until the cheese is melted. Remove & top with the other half of the bun.
- Strain the onions from the juices into a dipping bowl.
- Dip your crusty sandwich in the salty, beefy juice & enjoy!
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2014/05/slow-cooker-french-dip-sandwiches.html