Homemade Laundry Detergent
- Grate the bar of soap.
- Heat a quart of water on the stove.
- Add the soap curls to the water warming until they're melted.
- Measure the borax and washing soda into a 5 gallon bucket.
- Fill up about halfway with hot water, stirring to dissolve the powders.
- Stir in the melted soap.
- Add more water to the bucket until it's about 3/4 of the way full.
- Cover and allow to sit for about a day.
- The next day, stir the gelled up soap back in.
- If you're boosting your laundry detergent, thoroughly stir it into bucket.
- Ladle your laundry detergent into containers.
- Use 1/2 cup of Boosted Homemade Detergent, or a cup of Regular Homemade Detergent.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2014/05/homemade-laundry-detergent.html