- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- additional salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet, lightly.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, add vanilla to the water and then into the flour mixture.
- Stir until you form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into a few pieces, working with one at a time.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large 12″ square, about 1/16th inch thick or less (without tearing), flouring the pin and the surface again as necessary.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, trim the edges to square and then make 1 1/2″ squares, placing them closely together on the prepared sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 5-7 minutes depending on how thin you make them. (Be sure to check them often so they don’t burn! Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough and the scraps.)