Whole Grain Wheat Thin Crackers
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- additional salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet, lightly.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, add vanilla to the water and then into the flour mixture.
- Stir until you form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into a few pieces, working with one at a time.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large 12" square, about 1/16th inch thick or less (without tearing), flouring the pin and the surface again as necessary.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, trim the edges to square and then make 1 1/2" squares, placing them closely together on the prepared sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 5-7 minutes depending on how thin you make them. (Be sure to check them often so they don't burn! Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough and the scraps.)
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/12/whole-grain-wheat-thin-crackers.html