Whole Grain Double Fudge Brownies
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar, or Sucanat (Buy Sucanat here.)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prepare a 9x13 cake pan by lightly greasing it.
- Add the sugar to the melted butter and set over low heat until it is hot and the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Cool slightly (until about hot bath water temperature) and then whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until the edges begin to set.
- Cover and cool. (It's recommended to allow them to cool overnight to give the bran a chance to soften which is supposed to improve the texture, but if you like warm brownies like we do, you might not be able to wait that long! We thought they were delicious either way!)
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/12/whole-grain-double-fudge-brownies.html