Whole Grain Scotch Shortbread
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Lightly grease 2- 9” rounds or a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Grind oats in blender until they are flour.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla together.
- Add oats and flour until a stiff, smooth dough forms.
- Spread in pans, flattening.
- Neatly prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cool for a minute and then loosen the edges with a knife.
- Invert the pan onto cooling rack.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/12/scotch-shortbread.html