Restaurant Brown Bread Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ t. salt
- 3 Tablespoons evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant yeast (or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast)
- Add all of the ingredients to the mixer or bread machine (in order according to manufacturer's instructions) or mix by hand until the dough is soft and smooth- about 8-10 minutes.
- Cover and allow to rise until puffy (it doesn't have to be doubled), about 1-2 hours.
- Gently punch down the dough and on a lightly greased surface, divide into 10 pieces and shape into oval loaves, about 5" x 2".
- Place on a greased cookie sheet, cover, and rise for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/12/restaurant-brown-bread-dinner-rolls.html