Butternut Squash Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (May I suggest my Flakey Pie Crust )
- 3 cups of pureed butternut squash (about 2 squash) (How to Puree Winter Squash )
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter, or coconut oil (melted if the squash is cool)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sweetener (we like half evaporated cane juice, half sucanat, but maple syrup works really well too)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, or mace
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir all of the ingredients together and spoon into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (You may need to cover the pie after about 30 minutes baking in order to prevent the crust from burning.)
- Cool completely and refrigerate prior to serving.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/11/butternut-squash-pie.html