- ¾ cup whole wheat sourdough starter
- 3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup cold butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup lard
- ½ cup hot water
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the sourdough starter.
- Cut in the butter and lard until it is crumbly.
- Stir in the hot water and form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 round balls.
- Cover them with a towel and allow to rest at least 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough balls until they are 12 inches across.
- Cook for about 45 seconds per side on an ungreased cast iron skillet or griddle that was preheated over medium-low temperature.
- Keep warm and use immediately or rewarm in the oven with wet paper towels between every 3-4 tortillas to keep them soft.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/11/a-recipe-for-sourdough-tortillas.html