Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas made in a crock pot with no artificial flavoring packets- only spices, real food ingredients and zero compromise on flavor!
- 1 small whole chicken
- 1 green peppers, chopped (I love to use the frozen ones from garden surplus)
- ½ onion, chopped (Or use a can of caramelized onions)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- For Serving:
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- oil or butter
- salsa or chopped tomatoes
- Place the chicken in the crockpot. (I use this one .)
- Scatter the pepper, onion, and garlic around the chicken and then sprinkle the spices over the top. Add a glass of water.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until a drumstick twists off.
- Prior to mealtime, saute the sliced peppers and onions in the oil or butter over medium heat until the onions are caramelized. Go slow so you don't burn the onions. This might take as long as 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas, remove the chicken from the crock and pick the meat from the bones, shredding the pieces.
- Divide the chicken, vegetables, and toppings among the tortillas.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/10/slow-cooker-chicken-fajitas.html