I don’t know if it’s the simplicity of preparing Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas, or if it is the scent of the peppers and onions while they are sautéing, or if it’s that there are no cream of anything soups or MSG-laden seasoning packets on the ingredients list… But I love making and serving this meal. And I hope you will too.
Because they’re chicken fajitas, you can customize your toppings to your taste, but seriously unless you have a condition that keeps you from eating them, try it with the sautéed peppers and onions.
And you could always skim out the peppers and onions you used to flavor your chicken while cooking for a topping to make things even more simple, but seriously try it with the sautéed peppers and onions.
I don’t even need to call anyone in for dinner, the smell does it for me.
See the curling steam?
That’s the scent.
That scent makes my man happy.
Bad day at work? Peppers and onions.
Pigs won’t stop getting out? Peppers and onions.
You know what else brought in the compliments.
I made sourdough tortillas when no one was looking and they thought they were store bought!
Granted, they didn’t stay soft as long, but I’m not a scientist. I can’t compete with their lab. I do the best I can.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas made in a crock pot with no artificial flavoring packets- only spices, real food ingredients and zero compromises on flavor! When the chicken has cooked all day long with onion, garlic, green peppers, cumin, and chili powder, you know I’m right! The crockpot makes the chicken wonderfully shreddable. Perfect for filling those tortillas!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas made in a crock pot with no artificial flavoring packets- only spices, real food ingredients and zero compromise on flavor!
- 1 small whole chicken
- 1 green peppers, chopped (I love to use the frozen ones from garden surplus)
- ½ onion, chopped (Or use a can of caramelized onions)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- For Serving:
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- oil or butter
- salsa or chopped tomatoes
- Place the chicken in the crockpot. (I use this one .)
- Scatter the pepper, onion, and garlic around the chicken and then sprinkle the spices over the top. Add a glass of water.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until a drumstick twists off.
- Prior to mealtime, saute the sliced peppers and onions in the oil or butter over medium heat until the onions are caramelized. Go slow so you don't burn the onions. This might take as long as 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas, remove the chicken from the crock and pick the meat from the bones, shredding the pieces.
- Divide the chicken, vegetables, and toppings among the tortillas.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @reformationacres on Instagram and hashtag it #reformationacres.