Berry Sourdough Muffins
- Basic Overnight Preferment
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- *1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg*
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (or Sucanat)
- ½ cup butter, melted (oil or applesauce can be substituted)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- *1 ½ cup berries (blackberries, blueberries, mulberries, etc..)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)*
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the the baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place the honey, brown sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla into a mixer and blend thoroughly with the paddle attachment.
- Add in the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the overnight sourdough ferment and stirring until well combined.
- Mix in the berries and, if desired, nuts.
- Fill greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffin springs back when lightly touched.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/10/basic-sourdough-muffins-4-ways.html