Not Just Any Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup pickles, diced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- Place the prepared potatoes in a saucepan with an 1" of cold water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, add the salt, and reduce the heat to simmering.
- Simmer the potatoes until they are just becoming tender and can be pierced through.
- Drain them into a colander then spread them on a baking sheet.
- Mix 2 T. of the pickle juice with the mustard and drizzle it over the potatoes, tossing gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together- including that last tablespoon of pickle juice but NOT the eggs.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and gently stir in the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill for 30 minutes and gently stir in the diced eggs prior to serving.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2013/06/allamericanpotatosaladrecipe.html