I finally made a homemade mayonnaise recipe worthy of replacing Hellmann's. Quick & easy with healthy fats and tasty spices in minutes, I'll never go back!
- 1 Jumbo Egg, or 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar, or whey if lacto-fermenting
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients except the oil.
- Add ¼ cup of the sunflower oil.
- Blend on the lowest setting until just combined and then slowly, drop by drop, drizzle in the remaining ¾ cup sunflower oil and the ⅓ cup olive oil, until thickened. (Once it has begun to thicken, you can speed it up a bit by turning your drizzle into more of a stream.)
- If you are using an immersion blender, measure all of the ingredients (in order) into a mason jar and blend until thickened.
- If you are lacto-fermenting, allow the finished mayo to sit on the counter for a day before refrigerating.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2012/11/homemade-mayonnaise-recipe.html