Fresh Peach Pie
This Fresh Peach Pie recipe is perfectly sweetened and spiced fruit that is baked to perfection (no mushy fruit pies allowed!) and enveloped in a crust that is both flavorful and flakey. I planted a peach tree this year simply for the promise of making this pie with homegrown fruit one day. Yep. It’s that good and is all the testimony it needs.
- 2- 9” pie crusts, unbaked (This is our favorite pie crust recipe.)
- 7 peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut to thick ¾"-1" slices
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice, (Buy cane juice here or use sugar)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the peaches.
- Sprinkle the peach slices with lemon juice. Be gentle mixing in the juice.
- In a bowl, stir the flour, sugar, salt, and spices together. Pour it over peaches and gently mix once again.
- Spoon the peaches into the pie crust. Top them with a second crust and slit the top to vent steam.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake it for an additional 30- 35 minutes.
- Cool the down before slicing and serving, preferably à la mode.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2012/09/fresh-peach-pie.html