Sunshine Strawberry Jam
- 8 cups strawberries (2 quarts), sliced or crushed
- 4 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Combine berries & sugar in a stockpot and let stand for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and boil, uncovered, for ten minutes.
- Pour into two 9x13 baking dishes.
- Cover with a screen that will allow for evaporation yet prevent insects from gaining access. Alternately, set the dishes in an automobile, provided you aren't going anywhere, so there aren't any worries about weather or insects.
- Allow to sit and evaporate for 2-3 days.
- Ladle into clean mason jars, cover with a new lid and clean ring.
- Standards for water bath canning of strawberry jam call for lowering into boiling water for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2012/07/pectin-free-strawberry-jam.html