Pea Pod Soup
- 1 pound freshly shelled pea pods, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock, warm
- salt, pepper, sugar to taste
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- crumbled bacon
- Melt the butter in a small skillet and “sweat” the onions on low for about 5 minutes, until they are soft. Add them to the warm stock.
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the pea pods & peas, seasoning with salt, pepper, and sugar as desired.
- Bring the stock to a boil for about 6-8 minutes.
- Toss in the mint and then run the soup through the blender until it’s smooth.
- Strain to remove the strings. (Running them through the berry screen of a food strainer works beautifully.)
- Garnish with bacon crumbles for a little something to bite.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2012/06/pea-pod-soup.html