- Graham Cracker Crust, baked, chilled OR Flaky Pie Crust , baked, cooled
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped, melted, & cooled
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup evaporated cane juice (or substitute)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- freshly whipped cream
- Using a Kitchen Aid Mixer, cream the butter.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat, scraping the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate beating for 30 seconds.
- Whip in the eggs, one at a time, beating on medium-high for 3-4 min. after each addition.
- Add vanilla and blend for 10 seconds.
- Scrape the filling into crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with loosely tented foil and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream.