Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip & Strawberry Scones
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Scones made with whole wheat flour is a wonderful way to use up frozen strawberries leftover from the early summer harvest.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, chilled, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter until coarse & crumbly.
- Stir in the eggs and milk until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Turn out onto a heavily floured surface, adding more flour to make a dry dough kneading a bit to incorporate it all together until it holds without crumbling.
- Pat to 1/2"- 3/4" thick square and cut into 16 squares.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes... cool for 5 minutes prior to serving which must be done with a pat of butter and freshly whipped cream.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2012/03/whole-wheat-chocolate-chip-strawberry-scones.html