Spinach, Apple, & Bacon Salad
- 1 pound of spinach, washed
- 3 apples, cored & sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons white wine or rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener, such as honey or evaporated cane juice
- pinch paprika
- ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener, such as honey or evaporated cane juice
- Toss prepared salad ingredients together.
- For the Dressing:
- Whisk together vinegars, sugar, and spices.
- Vigorously whisk while drizzling in the olive oil until well combined.
- Add to salad and combine well.
- For the Garnish:
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the chopped nuts and for a couple of minutes over medium heat until they become fragrant.
- Add the sugar and stir, cooking until the sugar dissolves.
- Once cool sprinkle over the salad.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2011/11/spinach-apple-bacon-salad.html