I’m sharing a recipe for Spinach, Apple, and Bacon Salad that we enjoy frequently during the peak of apple season this year, which sadly has ended.
We all love this salad… even the little kids. There is nothing like adding a little bacon and nuts toasted in butter to get everyone to eat their greens! Or to inspire me to step up the spinach production in the garden next year.
It excites me that one day, between the garden, barnyard, and orchard, the main ingredients in a dish could be produced on this little plot of land that surrounds me.
Spinach, Apple, and Bacon SaladPrint
Spinach, Apple, & Bacon Salad
- 1 pound of spinach, washed
- 3 apples, cored & sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons white wine or rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener, such as honey or evaporated cane juice
- pinch paprika
- ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener, such as honey or evaporated cane juice
- Toss prepared salad ingredients together.
- For the Dressing:
- Whisk together vinegars, sugar, and spices.
- Vigorously whisk while drizzling in the olive oil until well combined.
- Add to salad and combine well.
- For the Garnish:
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the chopped nuts and for a couple of minutes over medium heat until they become fragrant.
- Add the sugar and stir, cooking until the sugar dissolves.
- Once cool sprinkle over the salad.
Leave a Reply