Peach Peel Jelly
Yield 2 Pints
- 3 cups juice prepared from the peach peels & pits* (see below)
- 1 box of powdered pectin or equivalent
- 3 cups sugar
- To prepare the juice, place your peels and pits in a stock pot and just barely cover with water. Simmer for 30 minutes and then allow to steep overnight.
- Strain the juice from the pot in the morning and discard (compost) the scraps.
- In a large pot, whisk together the peach juice and pectin and bring to a full, rolling boil.
- Add the sugar all at once.
- Return to a full, rolling boil and boil until it sheets off of the spoon. This took about 3 minutes for mine.
- Ladle into glass jars. Wipe the rims clean and top with lids and rings.
- Process in a water bath for 5 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2011/09/peach-peel-jelly.html