~Pumpkin Nut Sourdough Muffins~
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup active sourdough starter
- 2 cup pumpkin puree (This is about the small 15 oz. can)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup olive oil (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1/2 cup sucanat (or brown sugar) (Buy Sucanat here.)
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour (you could use 100% whole wheat, but the cost is in texture and the overpowering of any pumpkin flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ to 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- In one bowl, thoroughly combine the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the moist ones and mix together until just combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Allow to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the centers are done.
- Cool completely.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2011/02/pumpkin-nut-sourdough-muffins.html