Girls In The Kitchen: Crumbly Cobbler
- 4 apples
- 1 ⅓ cup blueberries
- 4 Tablespoons apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅔ stick butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice, or sugar (Buy cane juice here.)
- 3 Tablespoons rolled oats
- (We skipped the 3 T. sunflower seeds & 1 T. sesame seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put the white flour and whole wheat flour into a large mixing bowl and stir together with a spoon.
- Add the butter, rubbing the butter and flour together with your fingertips until they look like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugars, seeds, and oats.
- Remove the skin from the apples and cut them into quarters. Then carefully remove the core and slice the fruit into bite sized pieces.
- Put the pieces of apple into an ovenproof dish.
- Add the blueberries and pour over the apple juice.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top.
- Spoon over the topping in an even layer then put the dish in the oven.
- Cook for 35 minutes until the top is crisp and beginning to brown.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2010/09/crumbly-cobbler.html