- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat in eggs, butter, and milk until just blended.
- Fill a 10" cast iron skillet or fill prepared muffin tins to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes for the skillet, 18-22 minutes for the muffins.
- Toothpick test.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2010/07/cornbread-recipe.html