Don't know what to do with all the mulberries you have on hand? Mulberry-Apple Muffins are sure to please your family. Streusel topping optional.
- 3/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. mulberries, stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 c. apple, cored, skinned, diced
- (OR SUBSTITUTE WITH EQUIVALENT MEASUREMENT OF YOUR FAVORITE BERRY)
- Optional Topping:
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all dry batter ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Fold in the mulberries and apples.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins (either greased or paper lined), 3/4 full.
- For the topping:
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Add butter cubes and mix with a fork
- Sprinkle streusel topping over the muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2010/06/mulberry-apple-muffins-recipe.html