~Homemade Cinnamon Rolls~
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ½ Tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine in order indicated by the manufacturer. Set to dough cycle.
- Once finished, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and allow to rest while you prepare the filling by mixing the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Roll dough to a 16"X21" rectangle.
- Spread softened butter over the entire surface of the dough and then sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll the dough up jelly roll style then cut off uneven ends to just where the cinnamon center is visibly abundant.
- Cut the roll into 12 even pieces (I use my bread knife) and place on a lightly greased baking sheet or pan.
- Cover and rise until they have doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Once risen, bake until they are golden brown about 12-15 minutes (although I begin checking at 10 minutes.)
- Prepare the glaze with the rolls are baking by blending all ingredients well with a mixer, adding more milk or sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Spread over warm rolls.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2010/02/homemade-cinnamon-rolls.html