Glazed Apple Spice Cookies
Glazed Apple Spice Cookies are made soft and cake-like by the apple, that highlights the warm spicy flavors that embody fall baking.
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 /2 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, whisked or sifted
- 1 Tablespoon butter, soft
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Beat the butter and the brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat the egg in.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Mix half of that dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Mix in the remaining dry ingredients and the milk.
- Drop tablespoonfuls 1 1/2" apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by combining the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Remove the baked cookies to a wire rack for glazing and cooling.
- Spread a dollop of glaze on each cookie while they are still warm.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2009/09/glazed-apple-spice-cookies.html