Weeknight Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
Chicken Quesadillas are a quick weeknight meal of seasoned chicken breasts, tomatoes, peppers, and monterey cheese toasted between two crispy tortillas.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast - cubed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 burrito sized tortillas(or equivalent)
- olive oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, oil, and spices in a large skillet.
- Stir in cubed chicken and marinate while cutting the vegetables and shredding the cheese.
- Saute the chicken over medium high heat until it is no longer pink. (Cooking time is variable depending on the size of the cubes. Could be anywhere from 5-10 minutes.)
- Arrange half of the tortillas on a baking sheet. (I cut two in half to fit one and a half to each of 2 sheets.)
- Drizzle or brush the tops with olive oil. Place the second tortilla on top of the first and rub it around on top of the first tortilla to share the oil love.
- Spread cooked chicken, and diced vegetables on the second tortilla.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- At this point, you have two tortillas on the bottom, with olive oil in between them, and the rest of your ingredients on top. Simply slip the bottom tortilla out and top the chicken/veggie/cheese with it, oil side up.
- Bake in the oven until lightly browned and crispy and the cheese has melted.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2009/06/chicken-quesadillas.html