- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup honey
- 8 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens & boils. Boil & stir for about 1 minute
- Cool it completely so that it forms a gel by setting it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl of a stand mixer, whip the egg whites & salt on high speed until soft peaks form.
- In another small pan simmer the honey over medium-low heat until it reaches hard ball stage (250 degrees.)
- Slowly drizzle the honey into the egg whites and then very gradually spoon in the cooled sugar mixture. Whip it until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the cake and have fun playing with the peaks. If you’d like brown tips, hit them with a blow torch until they’re golden.
Recipe by Reformation Acres at https://www.reformationacres.com/2009/05/angel-food-cake-with-meringue-frosting.html